Spiritual Weight Loss Principles
1. Dear God, thank you for helping me become obedient and eat wisely as I place my body on your altar. Dear Holy Spirit, thank you for providing and guiding all of my food needs. Dear Jesus, thank you for making me the kind of person you want me to be, not only on the inside, but on the outside as well. I am slim and trim thanks to the mighty name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
2. As you expose the plastic window on your weight scale, cover this and the numbers with white tape and over it, write down your new weight using a black marker. Stand up on your scale and speak out loud, “Jesus, thank you for my new weight of __ pounds.” Do this morning, noon, and night. If necessary, you can make a weight scale using a 12-inch by 2-inch wooden board in the same manner.
3. Whenever you past a mirror, be sure to stare at yourself and speak out loud, “Thank you Jesus for my new weight of __ pounds.”
4. Place a previous dress or suit that use to fit you perfectly outside your clothes closet on a hanger. “Thank Jesus I will be able to wear this size” as you wrap your hands around it. Change its location every two weeks.
5. Obtain a newspaper and replace the old headlines with the following: YOUR NAME DOWN TO # POUNDS. Place this front-page newspaper throughout your house in multiple strategic visible places. One friend utilized his car visor (I told him not to use his car window) and his john seat.
6. This is your major Scripture (Proverbs 18:21). “Death and Life is in the power of the tongue.” If you accidently speak any negative from now on, just holler, “Cancel, cancel.”
7. Locate a former younger beautiful photograph of you in a bathing outfit or suit. Take a current facial picture and replace it to cover your previous face. Now share it in numerous different locations. Visualize frequently, the new you. The power of frequent visualization in your imagination is beyond belief as you will observe and prove.
8. Sneak in humor whenever possible. Say to yourself: “If you love me, don’t feed me junk.” I went to the beach to get my weight on a scale that gave you your fortune. I read the card out loud. “Come back in ten minutes, alone.” Tell your friends who are leaving on vacation, “I’m skinny. Come back to see me when you return so I can prove it.”
9. Use your favorite Scriptures to support you and your beliefs. Here’s how God’s Word works: Believe it and you’ll receive it. “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Philippines 4:13, NKJV). The more you speak it, the quicker you’ll memorize it. “Therefore, I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them” (Mark 11:24, NKJV). The following Scriptures are perfect since they involve your weight. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, 1 Corinthians 10:13, Galatians 5:22-23, James 4:17, 1 Corinthians 10:3
10. Get your closest friend or family member to minister this weight loss prayer to you. Dear Father, In the name of Jesus, as you are sitting and relaxing, close both your eyes and your lips. You are now focusing and listening. You are also receiving, accepting, and yielding the anointing of the Holy Spirit. I take authority and dominion over all demonic spirits and forces to leave your body. I rebuke you. I command you to come out now, leave this body and this building now in the name of Jesus. I rebuke all medical conditions associated with this temporary extra weight and I command them to leave now. I cast them out in the name of Jesus. You are surrounding your body to the magnificent healing power of God in the matchless name of Jesus. I command a creative miracle with a new satiety center and a new appestat. They will now function in a normal balance and harmony for your persistent healthy weight loss. You are now receiving a miracle weight loss of __ pounds. I cover this healing with the blood of Jesus. Thank you, Jesus for this miracle weight loss.